MINECRAFT Coding Intermediate Level
Who is the course for?
The course is aimed at children who are at least 9 years of age or those who have a good grasp of the beginner level concepts which were covered during the Autumn and Summer term classes.
What we will cover in the Intermediate Minecraft course:
- We will focus more on multiplayer games where the children can interactively play inside each other’s Minecraft worlds.
- Advanced data structures: using object Variables, Lists and Dictionaries
- Use of Logic, and nested logic statements to make in-game decisions.
- Advanced loops: using For loops and While loops embedded with logic
- Using Functions to create reusable and clean code.
- Combining Command blocks and Code to create highly interactive games
Intermediate Minecraft Spring Timetable:
|Day||Start Date||End Date|
|Tuesday 5.30 PM - 6.30 PM (5 weeks)||23rd February 2021||23rd March 2021|
Duration: 5 weeks
Frequency: Once a week
Challenges may vary depending on the child’s age/ability as we have multiple streams running within each session.
What you would need
- A computer with the Zoom web conferencing software installed.
- Minecraft Education Edition (available for PC/Mac/iPAD). Download for PC/Mac here. For the iPad, please visit the app store.
- Please check system requirements prior to booking here.
- Windows 10 PC or Mac OS computer version 10.13 or higher
- Recommended RAM: 8GB
Age Requirement: 9+
Experience: Course participants must have attended Beginner Level Minecraft coding course with us (week-long camp or term time club) prior to starting this class.