Minecraft Java Coding – Advanced Game Modding
Use Java code to create amazing multiplayer games on your own server. Create your own weapons, super-powers, and structures with Java code. You will also learn to build adventure maps on your server and then share your world with friends who access your private game server.
In this course, you will:
- Create Minecraft multiplayer games and adventure maps
- Use variables, functions, and control structures to customize Minecraft
- Code in Java which has real world application across business and education
- Develop logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Setup and control your private Minecraft server
Minecraft JAVA Autumn Term Timetable:
Day Start Date End Date
Tuesday 6.45 PM - 7.45 PM (11 weeks) 21st Sep 2021 7th Dec 2021
Saturday, 9.30 AM - 10.30 AM (11 weeks) 25th Sep 2021
11th Dec 2021
Duration: 11 weeks
Frequency: Once a week
Note: Half term break (no sessions): 25th Oct – 31st Oct 2021
Age Requirement: 10+
Experience: Course participants must have attended Beginner or Intermediate Level Minecraft coding course with us (week-long camp or term time club) prior to starting this class.
We will send you the login details for Minecraft Education Edition by Friday, the 10th of Sep 2021.
- 10 years or older (for younger children please speak to us for guidance)
- Experience of prior coding using languages such as Scratch, Minecraft Education Edition or Python
- Comfortable using a computer and mouse (typing and accessing the file system)
- Minecraft Java Edition
- Windows 10 PC with minimum 4GB RAM or MacOS version 10.13 or higher and a minimum of 4GB RAM
The sessions include:
- Qualified live instructors with teaching and experience
- 1 hour weekly guided instructions and 1 hour self-paced project development (optional)
- Small class size with the option of 1 to 1 guidance after the class
- Access to all project guides and videos
What you would need
- A computer with the Zoom web conferencing software installed.
- Download Minecraft Java Edition