Minecraft Java Coding – Advanced Game Modding
Use Java code to create amazing multiplayer games on your own server. Create your own weapons, super-powers, and structures with Java code. You will also learn to build adventure maps on your server and then share your world with friends who access your private game server.
In this course, you will:
- Create Minecraft multiplayer games and adventure maps
- Use variables, functions, and control structures to customize Minecraft
- Code in Java which has real world application across business and education
- Develop logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Setup and control your private Minecraft server
WHEN (Choose one of the following):
|Tuesday||6.46 PM – 7.45 PM|
|Saturday||9.30 AM – 10.30 AM|
Term Starts: 22nd Sep 2020
Term Ends: 5th Dec 2020
Duration: 10 weeks
Frequency: Once a week
Note : Half term break (no sessions): 26th October – 31st October, 2020
Challenges may vary depending on the child’s age/ability as we have multiple streams running within each session.
What you would need
- A computer with the Zoom web conferencing software installed.
- 10 years or older (for younger children please speak to us for guidance)
- Experience of prior coding using languages such as Scratch, Minecraft Education Edition or Python
- Comfortable using a computer and mouse (typing and accessing the file system)
- Minecraft Java Edition
- Windows 10 PC with minimum 4GB RAM or MacOS version 10.13 or higher and a minimum of 4GB RAM
The sessions include:
- Qualified live instructors with teaching and experience
- 1 hour weekly guided instructions and 1 hour self-paced project development (optional)
- Small class size with the option of 1 to 1 guidance after the class
- Access to all project guides and videos
Age Requirement: 10+
Once you have placed your order, you will receive all the class joining instructions in a downloadable file via a confirmation email. Please keep these instructions safe and do not share them with anyone other than those who have parental responsibility for the child being booked for.