Virtual Reality coding: create content and build highly interactive virtual reality 3-D worlds. Virtual Reality is rapidly gaining popularity in industry and education as a new way to share information, to control physical robots, or to deliver deep and interactive educational content.
In this course, students use computer aided design (CAD) to create 3-D worlds. They then use visual block-based programming to create interactions between objects in their VR world. We will also cover 3-D model building using industry leading tools such as TinkerCAD and AutoCAD. Children will then learn how to import their 3-D models into Virtual Reality
- Conceptualise and storyboard project ideas
- Use code to experiment with physics!
- Create simulations of physical phenomena and visualize abstract scientific concepts in 3D or in VR.
- Create custom 3-D models using CAD tools and embed interactive behaviours into the models
WHEN (choose one of the following sessions):
Tuesday: 3PM – 4PM
Friday: 4.15PM – 5.15PM
Saturday: 1.15PM – 2.15PM
- Term Starts: 01 June, 2020
- Term Ends: 04 July, 2020
- Duration: 5 weeks
- Zoom video conferencing software (download here)
- iPad (Generation 5 or above) or Android tablet (2016 or later)
Age Requirement: 7+
No prior coding experience necessary. If your child has been to one of these workshops before their learning will be extended further and they will not have to repeat the same content as before.