MINECRAFT Coding Intermediate Level
Who is the course for?
The course is aimed at children who are at least 9 years of age or those who have a good grasp of the beginner level concepts which were covered during the Autumn and Summer term classes.
What we will cover in the Intermediate Minecraft course:
This class runs like an after school club. There is a class once a week every week at the same time. Minecraft sessions last an hour.
- We will focus more on multiplayer games where the children can interactively play inside each other's Minecraft worlds.
- Advanced data structures: using object Variables, Lists and Dictionaries
- Use of Logic, and nested logic statements to make in-game decisions.
- Advanced loops: using For loops and While loops embedded with logic
- Using Functions to create reusable and clean code.
- Combining Command blocks and Code to create highly interactive games
Intermediate Minecraft Coding, Autumn Term Timetable 2022:
Duration: 12 weeks
Frequency: Once a week
Note: Half term break (no sessions): 24th Oct - 30th Oct 2022
Age Requirement: 9+
Experience: Course participants must have attended Beginner Level Minecraft coding course with us (week-long camp or term time club) prior to starting this class.
|Day||Start Date||End Date
|Monday 5.30 PM - 6.30 PM (12 weeks)||12th Sep 2022||5th Dec 2022
|Tuesday 5.30 PM - 6.30 PM (12 weeks)||13th Sep 2022||6th Dec 2022
|Saturday, 10.45 AM - 11.45 AM (12 weeks) ||17th Sep 2022|
|10th Dec 2022
MINECRAFT EDUCATION EDITION SETUP:
Please download Minecraft Education Edition for free on any of the following devices:
- A laptop/computer or tablet with the Zoom installed.
- A laptop/computer or an iPad with Minecraft Education edition installed
- Please check Minecraft Education Edition system requirements here.
- A Mac computer/laptop (download here)
- A Windows PC/laptop (download here)
- A Chromebook (download here)
- An iPad (other tablets are not supported - download from the app store)
We will send you the login details for Minecraft Education Edition by Friday, the 29th of April 2022.
It is highly recommended that you use two devices, one to work on, and the other for Zoom where the tutor will be sharing his or her screen and communicating with your child. A mobile phone isn't ideal for Zoom as the screen is too small.
JOINING THE CLASS
Your child will need to be in a quiet space away from any background noise. We can't always see your child's screen so they may need some adult supervision from time to time to make sure they are getting the most out of their lesson.